2014 Convention - Manufacturing
August is just around the corner and plans for the 2014
Convention are shaping up nicely. We just returned from the
Spring Planning Meeting in Mason City and are pleased to report
that our manufacturing site is a fixed structure with (mostly)
concrete flooring, known as the Swine Barn. The barn will provide
Manufacturing with space measuring approximately 60'x200', much
like we had last year and enough space to house 50 manufacturing
stations. We will also have space available in an adjacent
structure to accommodate temporary "special purpose" activities.
Since we will not have the need to rent a tent this year, there
will be no need for a Manufacturing fee, but we will continue to
utilize pre-registration and assignment of stations based on
activities performed. To register for a space, complete the form
linked to this page and email to
Some things to remember about PGI Manufacturing:
Looking forward to seeing you in Mason City!
- There is a limit of 50 manufacturing stations.
- Stations will be assigned based on a first come, first served
- Presses will be assigned to perimeter spaces only.
- Each station is required to provide a volunteer for at least
one 4 hour shift in Manufacturing. Preferences should be noted
on the Manufacturing registration form. Every effort will be
made to accommodate day/time requests.
- Manufacturers may drop off equipment on Friday and receive
- Manufacturing activities begin Saturday at 8am.
- Manufacturing is "open" from 8am until 8pm Saturday through
Friday and "closed" during the banquet.
- All items must be moved from the Manufacturing day box to the
magazine by 8pm each evening. Any items left in the day box
after 8pm will be removed for destruction.
- Manufacturers must clean up their station before leaving.
This includes disassembling the table, stacking table materials
in the designated area, sweeping, and returning station
Carol Hostetter & Dianne Hauschild
2014 PGI Manufacturing Co-Chairs